Thursday, January 17, 2013

Writers as readers

When I read I just need a comfy place that I can sit for awhile. If I get stuck on a very uncomfortable place then I find it harder to read and concentrate on the story. I usually don’t eat when I read, I find it actually distracts me. I tend to avoid all the people all noise and all food when reading. In a way it’s a good dieting thing ;)
Romance really interests me because its so complicated and can, at times, be a mystery. I love the suspense that romance has and I also love that most writers tend to add in action in romance novels to keep it suspenseful.
My writing style is most like Diana Gabaldon. I do sometimes purposely imitate her and at other times I try to avoid werewolves and vampires. I really have no interest in the mainstream themes like that. I really have more interest in fairies. I think they are way more mystical and interesting than “Edward Cullen”.
One of my best memories is crying at the end of the book I was reading and looking at the clock and realizing it was 5 am. There is nothing better than knowing you had the strength to push through your tiredness to finish a great book. I for the life of me cannot remember which book this was because I did this many times. All I will remember though is that it was my first all nighters with a book involved.
My first reading teacher was Mrs.W. I never actually learned to read though until the end of first grade. I used to fake read and just glance at books pages and flip them now and then during reading time. I fell in love with reading my 8th grade year after reading “Out Lander” which was a book my mom said I couldn’t read because I didn’t have the reading level for it. I took this as a challenge, did it, and loved it. Since then I love reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love that it was stubborness that pushed you to fall in love with reading! I also think you should write a book (or series!) about fairies...Go for it!

    ReplyDelete